Thursday, December 29, 2011

What Will 2012 Hold?

We can either wait for life to happen to us or we can gently guide it to where we want it to flow through own own intentions and attention to the things that matter.

Consider that your attention is a finite resource that is your most valuable asset. How will you spend your attention in 2012? What deserves your focus? Who do you want to be?

At work, when creating our goals for the year, we are instructed to make SMART goals: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. We are also encouraged to make stretch goals-- things that are just a little beyond what we think we can do. How can you apply this structure to your "real life" goals, (or, as Havi Brooks calls them, gwishes)?

Here are my goals for Uplift Yoga for the new year:

Complete my second Rod Stryker training in Jan.
Attend Ayurveda training.
Learn Shiva Nata.
Get to a workshop or talk by one of my favorite teachers: Lama Surya Das and Rick Jarow.
Attend a Yin yoga training.
Run another successful Uplift Yoga retreat at the Christine Center in Oct.
Increase regular attendance in all of my yoga classes by 100%
Attend a different local yoga class each month.
Do weekly blog posts and daily Twitter posts.

I'm sure this list will grow and change throughout the year, but it's a start. If I accomplish even some of these gwishes, I will consider it a successful 2012. I can't wait to see what develops!

Happy New Year from Uplift Yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment