Monday, March 31, 2014

Change Is

Are you someone who thrives on change? Or do you prefer to find a comfort zone and hang out in that cozy nest until something pushes you out?

Maybe it's different depending on the situation.

I am someone who finds a configuration for my furniture and leaves it there until some very good reason prompts me to move things around. Too much change can be exhausting for me.

But I recognize the importance of it. If we didn't change, we'd be dead. Well, even when we die, our bodies continue to change, so even that is not a static state.

So in an effort to prevent stagnation in my life. I am not only thinking of ways to embrace change/transition/transformation, but even going so far as to consider ways in which I can initiate or provoke it.

In yoga there is this idea of "tamas" that can be associated with stagnation, lethargy, dullness. Are there areas in your life where you're feeling tamasic? Where can you initiate "rajas" or energy, movement, dynamism?

Right now I can think of a couple areas. Physical exercise is an area where I find it easy to fall into a tamasic state if I'm not careful. There is also mental exercise. I haven't felt challenged in a way that makes me feel like I'm growing intellectually. So, this spring, my effort will be toward initiating change in both those areas. I'm going to push myself out of my nest before something else does it for me.

Watch me fly!

Namaste,
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment