Monday, April 1, 2013

Ayurveda for a Creative, Healthy Life

I've just listened to a 5 1/2 hour Ayurveda program (my how time flies while driving to and from work), and thought I'd share a little something from the booklet that accompanied the CD's (courtesy of Dr. Vasant Lad.)

Here is the recommended routine for a creative and healthy life:

Awaken before sunrise
Evacuate bowels and bladder after awakening
Bathe every day
Eat breakfast before 8 a.m.
Take a short walk 15 min. after meals
Eat slowly and in silence with awareness of food
Each day, massage the gums with sesame oil on finger
Fast one day a week
Sleep before 10 p.m.

Hmm, I have a lot of room for improvement. I think I did one of these things today. Anyway, it's a good reminder to take care of ourselves first before the rest of the world's demands take over.

And one more tip from Dr. Lad: Worry weakens the heart.

Namaste,
Kate




No comments:

Post a Comment