Friday, June 1, 2012

Ask

Sometimes it's easier to get what we want than we can imagine. Sometimes we just forget to ask.

Take working less for instance. For years I've been dreaming of going to a 4-day a week work schedule. I didn't think it was possible to do so in a corporate job, where overtime is more likely than part time. But when we switched from salary to hourly pay, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. And guess what-- next week I start my 4-day a week schedule.

This was a plan I had been working on for awhile, by saving money and creating a second stream of income, but unless I asked, I would never have achieved it. I will now have an extra day each week to devote to yoga/art/writing. And I am pretty sure I will be better at my day job by having less chance of burnout.

I used the simple steps of attracting abundance to achieve this goal:
1. Get clear on what you want
2. Ask
3. Get out of the way

Try it out on something you want to cultivate/invite in to your life. And let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment